THIS HALF TERM WE ARE CONTINUING THE TOPIC:
on Monday 29th January we visited ‘Cusworth Hall Museum’ .
The children had a fabulous day learning all about what it was like to be a child in Victorian Times.
We will be reading these books:
- ‘Grandpa's Island’ by Susan Chen
- 'Matchbox Diary' by Paul Fleischman
- ‘The Large Family’ by Jill Murphy
We will look at film clips from Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
In English we will learn…
- To discuss our feelings.
- To write descriptions.
- To write narratives.
- Continue to develop number and place value by investigating the ages of our family members.
- We will find the difference between people’s ages.
- We will investigate our height.
- We will investigate length by measuring body parts such as our hand span.
- Identify parts of the human body.
- Sequence our development from baby to adult.
- Identify materials and discuss their properties.
LET’S GO GLOBAL
- We will investigate how charities support the elderly.
- We will investigate how we can help the elderly.
- We will investigate how people in other countries show respect for the elderly.
ART AND DESIGN TECHNOLOGY
- We will investigate colour, shape and space by painting self-portraits.
- We will use paper plates to create members of our families.
- Make our own family trees.
- Investigating how Thorne and Moorends has changed since we were born, our parents were born and our grandparents were born.
- Investigating how we have changed since we were born. What can we do now that we couldn’t do as babies?
- We will be looking at Christian celebrations such as wedding ceremonies, christenings and Ash Wednesday (Pancake Day).
- Word process, print, save and retrieve data to include within our ‘Family Album’.
- We will learn how to cut and paste images into documents.